It is important to keep the school and community informed about the MTSS initiative and plans. To do this, the MTSS leadership team should include communication planning in their process.
Establishing a communication plan
Developing a communication plan for sharing results of the MTSS initiative with the school and community involves the following steps:
- Identify the audience: Determine who needs to know about the MTSS initiative’s results, such as teachers, parents, students, administrators, community leaders, and stakeholders
- Determine the key message: Decide on the main message to communicate about the MTSS initiative’s results, such as the positive impact on student learning outcomes or alignment with the school’s mission and vision.
- Choose communication channels: Identify effective channels to reach the target audience, such as newsletters, social media, community meetings, or press releases.
- Develop communication content: Create clear, concise, and engaging content using data and visuals to support the message.
- Determine timing and frequency: Decide on the best timing and frequency for communication, tailored to the audience’s needs.
- Assign roles and responsibilities: Determine who will create, distribute, and monitor the communication plan and assign roles to ensure accountability.
- Evaluate and adjust the plan: Regularly evaluate the plan’s effectiveness and make adjustments as needed to meet the target audience’s needs.