Essential MTSS components
- Tiered instruction and intervention: MTSS provides a tiered system of support that offers increasing levels of intensity to meet the needs of all learners.
- Universal screening: All students are screened to identify those that need additional support.
- Progress monitoring: Student progress is closely monitored to evaluate the effectiveness of interventions and make data-informed decisions.
- Evidence-based interventions: Interventions are selected based on evidence of effectiveness.
- Data-based decision making: Data is collected and analyzed to inform instructional and intervention decisions.
- Family and community engagement: Families and community members are involved in the MTSS process to support student success.
- Collaborative teamwork: MTSS requires collaboration among educators, support staff, and families to ensure a coordinated and comprehensive approach to meeting student needs.
By incorporating these components, MTSS provides a framework for schools to create a culture of support and ensure that every student has the opportunity to succeed.